SANTI, California – If you traveled on the last Thanksgiving, the peak of the coronavirus epidemic, this year the traffic will look very different in Santi, especially if you plan to travel by car. It may cost you more to reach your destination.
As more Americans get vaccinated against COVID-19 և US borders reopen to fully vaccinated international travelers, more than 53.4 million people are expected to travel this Thanksgiving, according to an AAA release this week. this year’s travel forecast. The forecast indicates 13% growth compared to 2020.
This year’s forecast also reflects the highest growth in a year A journey of gratitude Starting from 2005, bringing the volume of travel closer to the pre-epidemic level of 2019.
“Now that the borders are open, new health and safety guidelines are in place, travel is high again for Americans looking forward to reuniting with their loved ones for the holidays,” said Paula Twidale, senior vice president at AAA Travel. , it is said in the news message.
Sant travelers need to be prepared for both roads and airports to be significantly busier this year, according to the auto club.
While car travel is expected to increase by 8% by 2020, air travel is projected to increase by almost 80%. Travel by bus or train is expected to increase by a staggering 262 percent.
Where do people travel? AAA booking data show that major cities and destinations top the list of travelers on this Thanksgiving. And although gas was a dollar more expensive per gallon than it was last year, 90 percent of people still plan to travel by car.
Whether you plan to travel by plane, train or car, those who do so in large urban cities are more likely to see an increase in delays in areas where traffic jams are common.
Transport analytics company INRIX, in partnership with AAA, predicts that drivers will experience the worst congestion on holiday weekends as passengers leave work early and mingle with holiday travelers.
Major metro areas in the United States may see more than double the delay compared to normal driving time. In Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, and New York, drivers are more than three times more likely to be late.
According to a survey of Auto Club travel consultants, it is San Diego The best destination for Southern California residents, followed by Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite և Santa Barbara / Central Coast.
Travelers are also likely to experience some higher price changes և other than last year. AAA advises travelers to book flights, car rentals, accommodation and other activities as soon as possible, as prices are not expected as the holidays approach.
Air travel. Even though air travel has increased this year, the AAA estimates that the lowest average airfare will cost about $ 132, about 27.3 percent less than last year. Those wishing to book a last minute trip will find the best fares around two weeks before Thanksgiving, but availability may be limited.
Hotels. In mid-range hotels, the cost per night increased by about 39%, and the average price per night ranged from $ 137 to $ 172.
Car rental. The average daily rental price for a car is about $ 98, which is 4% more than last year.
Planning ahead can prevent a number of travel headaches, according to the AAA.
- Arrive at the airport early to have plenty of time to travel on longer TSA lines or other travel checkpoints. AAA offers 2 hours prior to departure for domestic travel and 3 hours prior to international travel.
- Consider booking a flight at off-peak times to reduce waiting times.
- Get off the road when there is little traffic, and take extra time on your way to your destination.
- Plan ahead. Check with state և local authorities where you are, along your route ում at your planned destination, to find out about local circumstances և any restrictions that may be present.
- Minimize stops along the way. Pack food, snacks and drinks in addition to the roadside emergency.
- Follow the public health guide. Use masks և Remember social distance. Wash your hands regularly և Be sure to pack disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer և thermometer to protect առողջ control your health.
- Check into your hotel. Call beforehand to make sure your hotel is open, ask what precautions it takes, what requirements are in place to protect guests.
Visit the company for other helpful AAA travel guides COVID-19 Travel Restriction Map for recent state և local travel restrictions. You can use it too! TripTik.AAA.com: plan your trip և help decide which rest stops, petrol stations, restaurants և hotels are open along your route.